We work with adults, adolescents and children with learning disability who have difficulties with speech, language, communication, or eating/drinking.
We may target:
- eye-contact, early listening and attention skills
- interaction and social skills
- alternative or additional ways of communicating (e.g. communication aids, Makaton signing, pictures, or symbol support for the written word)
- understanding and using language appropriately
- eating and drinking difficulties
- work on speech sounds if appropriate
Assessment and therapy will always include the individual, their families and carers and any other professions and agencies, to reduce the impact of these difficulties on their overall well-being and ability to participate in daily life. Where appropriate, we will promote better communication and interaction by introducing communication aids, signing, and symbols.